Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Please indulge me...

I've tried to be fairly disciplined about keeping this blog technical. Never the less, I would ask for your indulgence to announce the birth of Emmett Joseph Adams on February 27th, 2007 at 11:48am.

The little dude is three amazing weeks old now. Everybody is as healthy and happy as can be expected. A few observations from very, very early parenthood:
  1. I'm amazed in the photo below how bloody peppy I look. And that was after being awake all night! I've already come to regard bloodshot eyes, 5 o'clock shadow, and coffee stains on clothes I've slept in as the norm. When I ask other parents when I can expect that to change, they invariably say something smarmy, like, "oh, in about eighteen years."
  2. When I play guitar and sing for him, he kind of zones out for a while and then starts bouncing his legs and arms in time while making these little happy grunts.
  3. Emmett's mother, Jean, is the most amazing person in the world.



OK, back to our regularly scheduled computer stuff!

4 Comments:

Blogger J.Z. Herrenberg said...

Lovely pictures! Congratulations from a VMware user in the Netherlands (and a father)! My daughter didn't know what sleep was in het first few years (she turned 7 last December)... I wish you all the strength and endurance you and your wife can muster!

Johan Herrenberg, Delft

12:18 PM  
Blogger Ana.PG said...

Keith, belated congratulations!

All those late work nights in your youth will have hopefully been preparation for the many to come. I look forward to seeing you push a stroller around Mountain View ...

3:03 PM  
Blogger Dave Peck said...

Congrats, Keith!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Dave Peck said...

Congratulations, Keith!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home